Ways to open images
- Experience of the Energy Body ( as image – lines, clouds, etc.).
- Spontaneous images arising out of a samadhi state. Where the perception of things, of body, of world, et cetera, is a bit less substantial, it’s more fertile for images.
- Images can arise from experiences of strong emotion
- Deliberately imagining (dream, figure, archetype, memory that felt imaginal)
- Opening a gateway of the imagination. – walking down a flight of stairs in one’s imagination… an open field etc.
- Daydreaming and then catching an image with resonance.
Tips for relating to images
- Don’t make demands of / kill the image
– Don’t ask it give you something or explain something to you
– Don’t demand it have a clear or fixed meaning
– Don’t demand it be “nice” or “spiritual”. Taboo, ugly, scary is fine.
- Stay sensitive to the energy body / emotional body and trust a sense of aliveness above all else
- If you feel connected, thats all you need.
- Remember images can arise in any sense modality: visual, sound, taste smell, kinesthetic (sense of movement).